- follow url
Robert F. Johnston, Chairman of the Board and CEO
- Johnston founded Johnston Associates, a venture capital firm, in 1968 to provide seed capital for start-ups emerging in the biotechnology and healthcare fields.
- During his career, he founded numerous public companies including Sepracor (acquired by Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co), Cytogen (acquired by EUSA Pharma), I-STAT (acquired by Abbott), Genex and Envirogen (acquired by Shaw Environmental), and was instrumental in the early formation of many private companies such as Sonomed, Immunicon (acquired by J&J), PharmaStem (formerly Biocyte), Praelux (acquired by Amersham/GE) and Targent (acquired by Spectrum). Mr. Johnston served as CEO of Cytogen and Praelux (formerly SEQ).
- Additionally, he is a member of the Advisory Council of the Department of Molecular Biology at Princeton University.
- Johnston received his B.A. from Princeton University and his M.B.A. from New York University.
- King C. Lee, Ph.D., R.A.C., Regulatory Consultant
- Lee is an independent consultant, and most recently the VP of Regulatory/Clinical Affairs for Cornerstone Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Dr. Lee is also an adjunct professor of Quinnipiac University, and has been since 2006.
- Previously, he was the VP of Regulatory Affairs for Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. and held management positions with ATON Pharma, Inc. (acquired by Merck in 2003), VION Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Sterling-Winthrop.
- He has authored and co-authored over 45 publications (scientific and professional papers, books and review articles) and over 45 scientific abstracts.
- He received his Ph.D. in Pharmacology from the University of Kentucky and is certified by the Regulatory Affairs Professionals Board.